Lentils are Quick & Easy to Cook and Prepare
• Lentils to do not require soaking like other pulses.
• Rinse your lentils with fresh water before boiling to remove any dust or debris.
• Cook on a stovetop, using 3 cups of liquid (water, stock, etc) to 1 cup of dry lentils. Be sure to use a large enough saucepan as the lentils will double or triple in size.
• Bring to a boil, cover tightly, reduce heat and simmer until they are tender.
• For whole lentils, cook time is typically 15-20 minutes. For split red lentils, cook time is typically only about 5-7 minutes.
• Be sure to season with salt after cooking – if salt is added before, the lentils will become tough.